SABAOTH SPRING 2021 FORESIGHT OF THE MASTER PLANNER – The Eternal Purpose
The Sacrifices of God Are A Broken spirit: A Broken And A Contrite Heart
Click on image To see Presentation
Dead To Sin – Empowerment to overcome indwelling sin
In the series The Sacrifices of God Are A Broken spirit: A Broken And A Contrite Heart, we have looked at Conviction – Empowerment To See The Spirituality of God’s Law. Where we saw that Spiritual truth cannot provide Spiritual liveliness to a mind that is dead to righteousness; as such the mind is unable to capture the essence of the truth and similarly, Spiritual truth cannot make an unregenerate will to believe.
We have also looked at Faith – Empowerment To Persuade The Mind That God’s Law And Power Is True And Real. We saw that saving faith is trust in Jesus Christ as a living person for forgiveness of sins and for eternal life with God: That it is faith that propels one to take the next step past simply having knowledge of Christ and believing in the facts presented. We then examined Repentance – Empowerment for a yielded will to turn away from sin to God. Where we saw that Repentance is an act by which we realise we have offended an Holy and righteous God; this act is characterised by a deliberate turn away from the sinful act(s) in question, begging for God’s forgiveness and turning to him and his ways, We also looked at The Eternal Value of A Sound Conscience where we saw that Our conscience is like a moral nerve for our soul. That it is possible for man to sear his/her conscience and be rendered capable of doing the most terrible things without being aware of the fact that they are doing it any longer. THE CONSIENCE IS SEARED; and this can go on until THERE IS NO MORE HUMAN FEELING. We also looked at Confession – Its Power to Remove The Sting of Sin. Where saw the importance of having a grasp of the fact that every sin is essentially unforgivable if it is not confessed.
The last topic we looked at was Circumcision of A Regenerated Heart. Here we saw that as the Jewish circumcision is primarily a covenant with God but also aimed at dealing with the hygiene problem of dirt on the foreskin; spiritual circumcision is primarily about how the work of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ on the Cross at Calvary deals with the inordinate activities of the soul which necessitates the need to divide between the spirit and the soul – this task essentially done by the Word of God.
We will now have a look at:
Dead To Sin – Empowerment to overcome indwelling sin
And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:1-7)
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? (Romans 6:3)
We used to be united to Adam; so when he sinned, we sinned. But because of our union with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, what has happened to Him has happened to us. Now that we are united to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, so what He has done; we have done also.
when a Body is being lowered into the grave; a proclamation is kind of being made that; this person being lowered into the grave has finished entirely and completely with the life of this world and all that belongs to it. In other words, his/her relationship with this world and this present life is finished.
we are buried with him by baptism into death: (Romans 6:4a)
As far as we (believers) are concerned: That life which is under the law and within the realm of the power of sin was finished; it WAS done with – it is still done with.
AND WE CONTINUALLY PRAY:
- Heavenly Father, we pray that You will fill us with the knowledge of your will through all wisdom and spiritual understanding; so that we may be able to see deep down in the inner recesses of our heart; our union with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in His death and resurrection
- Heavenly Father, we pray that You will fill us with the knowledge of your will through all wisdom and spiritual understanding; so that we may be able to recon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin
- Heavenly Father, we bind the inner man of each and every one of us to a loving relationship with the Holy Spirit. Give us the grace to know that, ‘to seek you through knowledge about you without seeking a relationship with the Holy Spirit ends up in confusion and unbalance in our perception of You.
- Any power of death operating in through, and against any aspect of our being; collide with the covenant of the Blood of The Eternal Covenant
- Heavenly Father, that You quicken us with Your presence like never before that we may continually be empowered to actively seek the marvellous truth taught in Your Word, that there is a way out of our guilt, a way out of our alienation, that we no longer need to be far off from you.
- Heavenly Father, that You will empower us to seek to be connected to the Holy Spirit that we may be surrendered to your Revealer, that we may be totally consumed by the revelation of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. His life, His death, His resurrection, His position, His authority, His power, His compassion, His mind, His conscience, His desire – all that He is.
- Give us the grace to confess our sins, forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness for you are faithful and just. By the cleansing power of the Blood of Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, bring the spirit of each and every one of us into union with Christ, For he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in the Spirit. Let each and everyone’s spirit actively dominate him / her in full co-operation with the Holy Spirit.