SABAOTH WINTER 2021 FORESIGHT OF THE MASTER PLANNER – The Eternal Purpose
The Sacrifices of God Are A Broken spirit: A Broken And A Contrite Heart
Click on image To see Presentation
Circumcision of a Regenerated Heart
In the series The Sacrifices of God Are A Broken spirit: A Broken And A Contrite Heart, we have looked at Conviction – Empowerment To See The Spirituality of God’s Law. Where we saw that Spiritual truth cannot provide Spiritual liveliness to a mind that is dead to righteousness; as such the mind is unable to capture the essence of the truth and similarly, Spiritual truth cannot make an unregenerate will to believe.
We have also looked at Faith – Empowerment To Persuade The Mind That God’s Law And Power Is True And Real. We saw that saving faith is trust in Jesus Christ as a living person for forgiveness of sins and for eternal life with God: That it is faith that propels one to take the next step past simply having knowledge of Christ and believing in the facts presented. We then examined Repentance – Empowerment for a yielded will to turn away from sin to God. Where we saw that Repentance is an act by which we realise we have offended an Holy and righteous God; this act is characterised by a deliberate turn away from the sinful act(s) in question, begging for God’s forgiveness and turning to him and his ways, We also looked at The Eternal Value of A Sound Conscience where we saw that Our conscience is like a moral nerve for our soul. That it is possible for man to sear his/her conscience and be rendered capable of doing the most terrible things without being aware of the fact that they are doing it any longer. THE CONSIENCE IS SEARED; and this can go on until THERE IS NO MORE HUMAN FEELING. The last topic we looked at was Confession – Its Power to Remove The Sting of Sin. Where we saw the importance of having a grasp of the following facts:
- Every sin is essentially unforgivable if it is not confessed
- NOT confessing is to LIE to God.
- Lying to God is an intentional and High Handed sin, for which there is no atonement.
- By confessing you are no longer lying to God but instead agreeing with Him that you have trespassed. Then the sin can be atoned for.
- The condition of the heart is a priority when it comes to imputing the work of the cross to a believer.
- An unrepentant man who offers a sacrifice is NOT forgiven.
- The Cross is not a forgiveness vending machine. It is only efficacious for the one who confesses and repents.
We will now have a look at Circumcision of A Regenerated Heart:
When the sun had gone down and a [deep] darkness had come, there appeared a smoking brazier and a flaming torch which passed between the [divided] pieces [of the animals]. (Genesis 15:17 Amp)
Comparable to the oath to which God had submitted himself; CIRCUMCISION in the old testament; is an act of oat of Abraham’s covenanted commitment to the Lord that: the Lord alone would be his God, whom he would trust and serve.
“This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised. And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you”.(Genesis 17:10-11)
There was a permanency about this physical male circumcision that would serve as a constant reminder of the covenantal promises of God. God’s will through Abraham’s lineage was that the creator of life will be revealed to the world that he may permanently destroy the destroyer of life which is sin. Physically, someone who is not circumcised is one who has a covering around that part of his anatomy that creates live; in the uncircumcised, the source of life is covered up or hidden, with circumcision, that part is revealed.
And the male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant.” (Genesis 17:14 Amp.)
Circumcision was God’s appointed “sign of the covenant” which signified Abraham’s covenanted commitment to the Lord that:
the Lord alone would be his God, whom he would trust and serve.
In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. (Colossians 2:11-12)
Just as the Jewish circumcision is primarily a covenant with God but also aimed at dealing with the hygiene problem of dirt on the foreskin; spiritual circumcision is primarily about how the work of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ on the Cross at Calvary deals with the inordinate activities of the soul which necessitates the need to divide between the spirit and the soul. John Calvin comments:
“Christ accomplishes in us spiritual circumcision, not through means of that ancient sign, which was in force under Moses, but by baptism. Baptism, therefore, is a sign of the thing that is presented to us, which while absent was prefigured by circumcision.”
When a holy law is applied (just like a searchlight) to sinful man, then his sinfulness comes out in full display.
We are all sinners by nature. If God asks nothing of us, all seems to go well, but as soon as He demands something of us the occasion is provided for a grand display of our sinfulness
When the Law is applied: our weaknesses manifest
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference. (Romans 3:19-22)
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23).
It is for this reason that the inordinate activities of the soul of a believer should be checked. And this is done by the Word of God. In this end-time period we are in, a believer is expected to strictly follow in the steps of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ by laying down the lower form of life that man develops through his own fleshly activities (Psuche); So as to be able to live by the Spirit and share with God in His eternal life (Zoe).
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9)
If we care only of the law in commandments, trying to fulfil it and apply it in our living, the law of God becomes words of death to us because by ourselves we CANNOT fulfil the law of God! But we can decide what the law of God is to us if we take every part of it and every word of it as the breath of God, the word breathed out by the God whom we love and enjoy, the law is life-giving to us just as the Holy Spirit is. We can either be fed by reading the law of God (In an ‘organic’ way) or we can be trembling before its requirements.
Being able to discern good and bad; right and wrong; life and death in situations of life comes from the regular time we spend in enjoying the Word of God, praying and singing God’s word, even memorizing it.
Just as in physical circumcision and as Jesus was “cut off” from the land of the living, the skin of the orange has to be peeled off, the body cut through, before you can get to the seed in which resides the “source of life’ of the orange. We have to apply the Word of God to our life
“piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit”
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit (pneuma) and soul (psyche) and body (soma) be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:23)
There is physical un-circumcision which can be inconsequential; but the un-circumcision of the heart will surely incur the wrath of God.
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised; Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in the heart. (Jeremiah 9:25-26)
“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).
AND WE CONTINUALLY PRAY:
- Heavenly Father, that You will Keep us in Your Word daily, that we may be daily saved, nourished, and enlivened by Your Word.
- Heavenly Father, that You quicken us to rejoice evermore; Pray without ceasing and in everything give thanks: for this is Your will in Christ Jesus concerning us.
- May give us the grace to have a prayerful attitude as we come to Your Word, receiving the Word into us by means of all prayer, thanksgiving, petition, singing, and psalming.
- O Lord, and bind each and everyone of us to the work of the cross of Calvary where the power, the authority, the love, the forgiveness, the mercy and the grace would flow into our lives.
- Heavenly Father, that You quicken us with Your presence like never before; that we may continually be empowered to actively seek the purification our motives and conscience.
- Heavenly Father, that You will circumcise our hearts, that we may be able to enter the covenant of being Your people, who are fully joined to You and fully submissive to You.
- Heavenly Father, that You will work in us to replace our heart of stone that is cold and unyielding with a heart of flesh that is alive and responsive to You.
- O Lord that as being indwelled by You is the great joy of salvation; You would grant us this honour; put Your Spirit within us O Lord and choose to take residence in us.
- Heavenly Father, and we bind the inner man of each and every one of us to a loving relationship with the Holy Spirit. Give us the grace to know that, ‘to seek you through knowledge about you without seeking a relationship with the Holy Spirit ends up in confusion and unbalance in our perception of You.
- Heavenly Father, that You teach us to accurately, righteously fear You.
- Heavenly Father, that You will give us the grace wisdom and power to recognise that the object and purpose of your instruction and charges to us is Love, which springs from a pure heart and a good and clear conscience and sincere, unfeigned faith.
- Heavenly Father, and bind each and everyone of us to the work of the cross of Calvary where the power, the authority, the love, the forgiveness, the mercy and the grace would flow into our lives.